I’m saddened and frustrated that no one within the community is asking why, and hopefully there are others like me….. that are asking…..
Why was WCCO contacted?
Why was a prominent education attorney contacted?
Why were simple and plainly stated district policies ignored?
Not to many years ago, this district was in a similar situation; but IMHO much much worse!
A district leader, was accused, and found to be guilty of inappropriate actions towards over 60 young high school aged girls.
A teacher was accused of sending pictures of his genitalia, while allegedly drinking alcohol and smoking weed with those same young female students.
He was allowed to leave with merely a slap on the wrist….. and a few years of insurance coverage!!?
Not once in either of those instances was WCCO and/or ANY national news outlet contacted or gave any information to the public.
The community even organized a “Hibbing Parents Coalition.” Ugh, I feel dirty even typing those words today; so dirty in fact a shower is needed!
NOT ONCE during any of the above was a high profile attorney “on the scene.”
Sure the MNDHR got involved. Mr. Lindsey was brought to town, made a speech… placated parents, and a few months later a report was filed.
All of this information is easily found on this site, including the full report.
The admin. and teacher are now known as former employees of ISD #701.
End of story.
Fast forward to May 2019…..
WDIO breaks a story, Hibbing High School teacher put on “administrative leave.”
All is quiet for days.
Holy crap!! That’s just not good enough… I know….
I think WCCO needs to be made aware!
Then all hell breaks loose….. with audio recordings of said teacher, and only the teachers voice on the recordings that were released.
Social media is in an uproar, rumor whore Dawn says this, rambling rumor Ron says that. Hmm… kind of by design, in the wrongful release of said audio clips, wouldn’t it appear??
Then an education lawyer needs to be brought in saying this and saying that. “Oh the bravery of this young child” to take it upon themselves to record said teacher “over many weeks.”
I call B. and S. on that statement by the attorney.
What JH child has enough focus to do such a thing, without being prompted to do so on a daily basis??
I do not know one!!
The ones I do know, barely get their homework or chores done on a daily basis without constant reminders!!
See what I’m getting at here??
WDIO, WCCO, education attorney, CNN….. am I the only one whose seeing the connection?
Ok, I’ll speak so there is no “doubt.”
Does this “group of parents” have such a vendetta for this teacher, and obviously this school district??
OR… OR…. OR…. is it a situation of convenience? For a darker “root of all evil” reason? Now that would be interesting to find out, now wouldn’t it?
1. They’ll leak such an obvious one sided narrative to the public, so said teacher is crucified in the court of public opinion., while using the cover of a child to do so??
How mentally warped is that??
2. This “group of parents” obviously think their little Johnny’s and Suzy’s are more worthy of this kind of power hungry attention whoring than 60 young high school girls; and a handful of girls who saw their teachers private parts on their phones and/or email??
Give me a freaking break!!!
3. This is a blanket statement…. That proves this “group of parents” knew releasing the audio was sly, sneaky, underhanded and wrong!!
It just proves a bigger point….. how big their vendetta is for said teacher, and district…. WAIT… hold on… maybe NOT!
Nope…. I’ll hang on to this information until I can get confirmation.
It would be really nice if the public DID KNOW……
1. In the release of said audio clips….. unfair labor practices were used, by bypassing all district and labor contract and employment privacy by releasing to the public.
2. Not ISD #701’s fault.
3. Teachers name and the audio were released by the “group of parents” lawyer.
This should not have happened!!
4. The releasing of audio, bypasses the applicable process to put it in the court of public opinion, as stated above, instead of due process. this fact deals with PELRA laws.
All I’m asking…. is ask yourself WHY….. Does anything about this situation, and how it’s unfolded… pass the smell test??
it’ll be interesting to continue watching how things continue to unfold. What’s the next “breaking news” story we can expect?